Pike Opener?

Just skimmed over Zone 20(Lake Ontario) and it seems Pike re-open for fishing on the first Saturday of May being the 1st of May :)

Sound right, 29days sounds to good to be true haha. With the warm weather are jerkbaits going to be the main baits to throw or should I bother giving small sucker's under float's a try. I got out 4 times for the Pike (3 in pickering 1 in oshawa) and only managed 1 fish so it was definitely a hard thing to do catching them in that cold cold water.

Anyway just thought I would ask and see what people are doing. PM me if somebody wants to give me a tour of the Pike fishing in the Toronto Islands area.

Tightlines,

MTBF

Just skimmed over Zone 20(Lake Ontario) and it seems Pike re-open for fishing on the first Saturday of May being the 1st of May :)

Sound right, 29days sounds to good to be true haha. With the warm weather are jerkbaits going to be the main baits to throw or should I bother giving small sucker's under float's a try. I got out 4 times for the Pike (3 in pickering 1 in oshawa) and only managed 1 fish so it was definitely a hard thing to do catching them in that cold cold water.

Anyway just thought I would ask and see what people are doing. PM me if somebody wants to give me a tour of the Pike fishing in the Toronto Islands area.

Tightlines,

MTBF

never go wrong with suckers during the off periods. a lazy ,easy meal in cold water works well in spring or winter. hardest part is finding the confidence where to throw the bobber and have the patience to wait it out.where is she and why.spinnerbaits killm in these temps .