Hamilton Fishing Holes

Chris 362

Hey just wondering for all you Hamilton locals if you've had any luck fishing around the city. I've been out to Burlington Bay, Desjardins Canal, and the lift bridge.............Not even a bite, im gonna try some with minnows this week and maybe hook into some perch. I dont really care what I catch just, I just like to get out. Suprisingly I was using worms and didn't even land one goobie. Kinda sad how they have taken over a once very fun to fish harbour.

little cold out yet for gobies. minnows on bottom should land u some perch or catfish. i plan on getting out soon for some pike and trout. pike close march 31st. so wanna get a day or 2 in before that happens. i dont fish hamilton much till bass opens, then i put my time in, just fun fishing with the wife and kids and a few tournies in the harbour.

I haven't lived in the Hammer for 10 years, but this is what I recall.

First you have the all the Conservation areas. They are listed in the Telephone Book.

Second you have the Bay...Behind Hutch's on Bay Street etc. and anywhere on the Burlington side, off of King's Road, like behind the Cemetery or around the Boat Club.

Next you have Cootes Paradise in and around Dundas or Longwood Road or near the High Level Bridge...

Finally you have the Canal on the Beach Strip around the Lift Bridge.

Go Fish!!!

Edited by garry2rs