Binbrook..

spanky

Anyone been out recently?

i'm heading out for my first ice fishing day... i don't have the gear yet, just decided i need to fish. So i'm asking for some advice for the area as i have never even been there in the summer time. I'm heading out to buy gear tonight 2 rod/reel combo's and jigs of some sort (clueless), so hopefully someone can chime in on what i *should* have with me.... they sell bait there or? is there any depth i should be looking for? Besides heading for a group of other huts is there a particular area i might have better luck in? Sorry so many questions, just new to the ice-fishing thing and have no idea and i know how easy it is to get skunked... hoping to get wifey out there next weekend, just have to convince her ice is okay to walk on lol

Thanks for any help guys, it's much appreciated... i need to get out of the apartment and away from pouring plastic baits :wallbash:

Well... Binbrook does have some fish and somedays the fishing is good others it is not... If you are going to fish there somewhere near the dam is good but makesure to be careful of thin Ice (clearly marked by signs... It is from 10-15 ft there and you should be able to catch some fish there(mostly perch) with little jigs tipped with minnows or with maggots/waxworms etc... I dont remember if they sell bait there but call em and they can tell ya... Hope that helps...

thanks guys, i'm just tagging along with another ice fishing newbie for a small trip up that way and will be passing by so thought we'd give 'er a go for a bit... it's on the way and the ice fishing gear is cheap, so why not... never done it, never planned on doing it, have the opportunity to do it so why not? :)