Sorry team 6

tjsa

Awesome day again, we are blessed with good weather this year. Wind was a bit annoying, but not unbearable. Fished from about 9 am until 4:15 pm.

Tried one spot, I had one hit on the set line, my bud got one about 2 lbs. My other bud with the vex was marking lots of stuff, but they were probably smelt(lake is full of them, an inland lake).

Scenery pics:

IMG_1936.jpg

My bud misses one fish jigging, but lands another an hour later, probably around 2 lbs.

IMG_1935.jpg

other anglers way off in the distance, full zoom, they did not do so well either:

IMG_1939.jpg

The reason I know this, a CO came by and checked us, we had one. He went to check the other party east of us, and they did not have a sniff. While he was checking them, I had a rather solid hit, pulled it up maybe 10 ft., and, gone. Ooohhhhh well.

It was near 1:30, so we went back over the portage to try the other lake which we had to go across to fish this one we were on.

Stopped off an island, in about 50 ft. of water, drilled a bunch of holes, lots of stuff showing up of the vex, but probably all smelt. Then, probably an hour later, my buds set line goes down, and he lands this.

IMG_1942.jpg

We were all set to pack up and leave, but we stuck around for a bit. My bud had his two, so I started jigging in the hole where he caught the fish, and not 5 min. later, I had a hit, but no hookup. Stayed with it, changed to a different jig, no success. I moved to a different hole, and the other bud moves to the hole I just vacated. He is jigging for a bit, then says "this is interesting(he has the vex)", then, BAM!!, he sets the hook, and it is a nice one.

The blood under its chin is not from the fish, its from my bud's thumb who helped land the fish. He did not even know he was bleeding until we mentioned it. He got lacerated somehow helping get the fish out of the hole.

IMG_1941.jpg

Wish I could have caught this one for our team, but alas, I got hits only, no real solid hookups.

But, it was a stellar day weather wise, we had to peel off clothes around 2 pm, even with the wind blowing 15 kmh from the north, high was probably 0C around then, probably around -10C in the morning. I can live with that, any day.

Great report and pics Tom :thumbsup_anim:

Some nice lakers you guys got into.... congrats :clapping:

I know what you mean about the temps..... it was so perfect but I could not go fishing cause my daughter had a bowling tournament and this event lasted all day and into the evening..... missed the Canada / US game also :wallbash:

Again great job Tom and thanks for sharing

Jacques