North Bay Brook Trout

Gordon Bombay

It's my first year going to school in North Bay so I'm not too familiar with the fishing in the area. I have never caught a Brook Trout before and it is a huge goal of mine. I am looking to pursue this goal and am reaching out to the collective for some help. I am not looking for anybody's secret spots, but if anybody can even PM me the name of a lake that has them it would be greatly appreciated. Hard or softwater options are welcome.

Thanks

Four mile creek [accessible from Airport Rd or Trout Lake Rd]is full of em... but be careful... there is a rather long stretch of that creek that is a SANCTUARY 365 24/7. Check the regs ...lot# & concession#.

I know a guy who fishes it all the time always does well.

There is also Smokey creek towards Sturgeon Falls on hwy 17W... turn up Riding Stables Road and it's the first bridge you see.

Check in the Regs book for the "Other Fishing Opportunities" have a GPS handy 'cause most of the lakes listed are listed by co-ordinates many within a 25 minute drive from the Bay.

You also have a lot of opportunities on the road to Temiskamingue ...

Stop by @ Billy Bob's or Trout Lake Bait and Canoe and he can give ya some pointers.

Good Luck!

RFS

:canadian:

Easiest way to start is opening up the fishing regs and looking for lakes that have brook trout open all year or have increased limits, find the lakes on a map and head out. Also keep in mind that most of the lakes around them will also hold brook trout too.

Easiest way to start is opening up the fishing regs and looking for lakes that have brook trout open all year or have increased limits, find the lakes on a map and head out. Also keep in mind that most of the lakes around them will also hold brook trout too.

This is exactly how I would start if it were me. Lakes that have year round open seasons almost always do so because they're stocked. Once you learn how to fish a few of these lakes then you can go looking for your own hotspots. Good luck.