Fishing for tyler!

pikeie

So as i said before ive been home from school this past week, because of reading week. And who wants to study on reading week right? lol.

Ive made it out fishing 5 days this past week off of Inisfill Beach fishing for whitefish and hoping to hook into a laker, but that never happend. Me and my Buddy Kyle or KBC as he is now known on here haha, went out to his hut agian and got setup.

As we were driving out we noticed there was a car "parked" 20 feet from his hut, and we were wondering if someone was fishing in his hut :rolleyes: . Apparently its happend a few times before. So as we pull up we can see that these two guys have got their car buried in a snow drift! We offer the guys a shovel, and we set some tip-ups, Then go over to help the guys. I dig out the front tires and clear the snow away from the back of the car. Kyle hooks the car up to his truck and with a little coaxing the car started to back up. The guys were very thankful and headed on there way.

While we were busy we had some fish strip our minnows on us! a good sign lol. We rebated with one tip up each and one jigging rod and waited...10 minutes! kyle got the first one which was about 3 lbs, and he got the next, and the next lol. Finally my tipup gets slamed down and i have my own on lol, i was getting worried for a bit lol. Once i set the hook i knew it was a bigger fish! It took all the line on my stick and it still wanted more lol, i finally started to gain some line and we were swaring it was a laker because of the line it was pulling and the big headshakes... i turned out to be my PB whitefish at 24 1/4"! i was pretty excited about this fish lol.

19162_356771343744_512748744_4689600_2224317_n.jpg

19162_356772668744_512748744_4689602_6615887_n.jpg

This fish was good enough to get me 3rd place in the whitefish category!

Those were the only 2 pictures i took all day lol but we iced 9 whitefish and lost 5 more! Almost all were clones of eachother, each one weighing a little over 3lbs but it was still a ton of fun!

I was amazed at the turn out! lots of familiar faces, and met plenty of new nice people!

Thanks alot everyone that helped put together such a great event! for a great cause!

nice fish !! my son and I are heading up to Simcoe Tues.He wants to go perchin which I've already figured out.Dad would like to try whities.Care to share where you started out and how deep for that beauty? No secret spots ....just depth and distance from the truck.