Bridgenorth Panfish

Tom McCutcheon

Just a preliminary report from Bridgenorth.

Mike Brown and the rest of the organizers deserve a huge PAT on the back and an ATTA BOY for a job well done and what looked like a huge success. I will let Mike provide details of numbers of participants and fish caught but it was a great day on the ice for all. I am sure he has a load of pictures. I did not see one frown all day.

Tom.

All I can say is WOW!

We had a fantasic day for the Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival. It was cool due to a NW wind but over 1000 people attended the free fishing event. :clapping:

I will write up a full report when I have a few minutes to sit down because we have so many wonderful volunteers, like Tom and all of our sponsors to thank. :worthy:

We handed out just under 600 childrens prizes for every child that caught a fish, one prize per child. They actually caught far more fish than that as the mostly perch, crappies, rock bass and sunfish were in a biting mood. We had a hard time getting kids to stop fishing to come and pick up their prizes due to the fact they were catching fish. :Gonefishing:

In addition the parents were holding their own out there. We had lots of families having fun all day, most spent an hour or two, some stayed all day.

Our St. John's Ambulance attendant was bored with not one problem.

There was lots of media coverage with all the local newspapers, chex news, radio and Angler & Hunter TV.

We have close to a thousand picture to sort through and will post a few soon.

We raised over $500.00 for the local United Way with the Grand Prize of an Aqua Vu camera system donated by Bridgenorth Sports being won by a happy young angler from Janetville.

My wife Andrea and I stand in awe of the volunteers that made this happen. What a great angling community.

Thank you so much.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Michael Brown