FISHED LAKE NIPISSING TODAY

DMASSE

GOOD DAY ALL

So a couple of friends and I decided to do some more out of town ice fishing today. The area of choice where BAY OF QUINTE or LAKE NIPISSING.. After some research on both places and a posting here on OFC ( thanks for those who replied) We decided to go to LAKE NIPISSING. We booked with a fellow OFNer JEFF from SANDY BAY COTTAGES and man we are glad we did.

So off we go 3:30 am from Toronto to get to SANDY BAY HUTS for 7:30 Thanks god for TIMMIES. When we arrived Jeff already had the hut prepped and heated waiting for us to fish. 4 KM out we head to a very cool hut, 8 holes all drilled and bait waiting for us...

My buddy LUD and his dad ( and I) get some fish to the hole very quickly with some nice 10 inch perch, Lud lost something farily big at the hole and The bite was happening all day.. We managed to keep 30+ in the 10-12 inch range and threw back tons and tons of fish in the 5-9 inch range....

Now as for the operator. I have been fishing for many many years and have used alot of different hut operator in my day... but JEFF and SANDY BAY COTTAGES have been by far the best that I have used... He put us on fish. drilled atleast 10 outside hole on request for tip ups, and he even went on a food run to the WALTONIAN for some of the best burgers that I have had :clapping: .. Keep us in bait all day and was more than friendly with the conversation..

I personally would book with him again and I know for sure well be back

So if your looking for a great time on NIPISSING give them a call he is a OFNer by the name SANDYBAY and he has a (877) number if you want to talk with him

THANK YOU THANK YOU JEFF for a great day and I look forward in coming back :worthy: :worthy:

DAVE, LUD, Abilio

Yes Jeff does a very good job. You guys fished the same hut as we did. I'm a little jealous of you guys because Jeff didn"t make a run to the waltonian for those great burgers for us. I guess he figured we enough to eat with the fish frys we had on the ice. Thanks for the report.

Man you went out to nippissing to fish perch? every post you make is perch.....Why wouldnt you target what Nippissing is famous for, and catch perch where you always catch them without paying somebody to drill your holes..

For real all you caught was perch>?lol

Man you went out to nippissing to fish perch? every post you make is perch.....Why wouldnt you target what Nippissing is famous for, and catch perch where you always catch them without paying somebody to drill your holes..

Can you tell us what Nipissing is famous for?

With a name like Coolio I thought you'd be a bit cooler. Thanks for the report DMASSE, if I want to go up to Nipissing for icefishing I know where to go now.

Where does it say he went to Nipissing to fish perch? We all know the walleye are more like bonus these past winters. I'm heading to sandy bay next week and hope we catch half that.

Ok so coolio came across as an :asshat: But I have fished nippissing for over 12 years now and i know if all i caught was perch i wouldn't be the happiest camper. Hey everyone is diffrent though. Thanks for the report perch smells a lot better than skunk

GOOD DAY ALL

So a couple of friends and I decided to do some more out of town ice fishing today. The area of choice where BAY OF QUINTE or LAKE NIPISSING.. After some research on both places and a posting here on OFC ( thanks for those who replied) We decided to go to LAKE NIPISSING. We booked with a fellow OFNer JEFF from SANDY BAY COTTAGES and man we are glad we did.

So off we go 3:30 am from Toronto to get to SANDY BAY HUTS for 7:30 Thanks god for TIMMIES. When we arrived Jeff already had the hut prepped and heated waiting for us to fish. 4 KM out we head to a very cool hut, 8 holes all drilled and bait waiting for us...

My buddy LUD and his dad ( and I) get some fish to the hole very quickly with some nice 10 inch perch, Lud lost something farily big at the hole and The bite was happening all day.. We managed to keep 30+ in the 10-12 inch range and threw back tons and tons of fish in the 5-9 inch range....

Now as for the operator. I have been fishing for many many years and have used alot of different hut operator in my day... but JEFF and SANDY BAY COTTAGES have been by far the best that I have used... He put us on fish. drilled atleast 10 outside hole on request for tip ups, and he even went on a food run to the WALTONIAN for some of the best burgers that I have had :clapping: .. Keep us in bait all day and was more than friendly with the conversation.

I personally would book with him again and I know for sure well be back

So if your looking for a great time on NIPISSING give them a call he is a OFNer by the name SANDYBAY and he has a (877) number if you want to talk with him

THANK YOU THANK YOU JEFF for a great day and I look forward in coming back :worthy: :worthy:

DAVE, LUD, Abilio

Thanks for the great post, to bad no walleye for the day. Hope Abilio's finger is OK, first time I've ever seen I guy feed the hook through the rest of the finger without even blinking.

Jeff