Young's Lake

Rizzo

I have a friend who wants to get out for his first musky next summer, but doesn't necessarily have 12 hours to spend on the water. Certainly doesn't need to be a big fish. I would imagine anything in the 30-40 inch range would suit him just fine. I need to take him out close to Barrie as we only have 1 day to get out there, and he'll already be traveling a distance just to get to Barrie. I've had decent luck at both Head Lake and Balsam, but have seen a Lake/camp on the way called Young's Lake. Its about 20 minutes closer, so save me 40 minutes round trip. I haven't heard much about Young's lake, but understand there may be both pike and musky? In some ways a lake like that might not be bad as he may see some pike action (I just won't let him use my expensive baits!). The other thought was possibly Morrison Lake. Feel free to pm me if you'd prefer. Trying to get a guy his first fish, where would you go out of these 4 spots...or suggest another if you can think of something within an hour (or so) of Barrie. Thanks