ice near Beaverton

Jer

I was wondering what the ice conditions were like near Beaverton and around the north end of Georgina Island.

We are hoping for a trip next weekend to the perch grounds around there and were wondering if we would be able to drive my truck out there. Last year there was plenty of traffic in the area and with this recent cold snap how has the ice built up?

I was out yesterday for perch with outfitter Tim Hales. South of Thorah in about 29 ft. There was est 12 inches of clear ice, harder to say being in the hut. didnt see any trucks or cars where we were, just sleds, ATV's and outfitters bombardiers. The ice surface closer to shore had some bumpy broken up areas that refroze. Pretty slow day, only caught maybe 35 between 2 fishing and kept 9. Saw a whitefish est 15 ft down but couldnt get it to commit. The shallower huts seemed to do better.

Pretty smooth out to the islands then it gets rough ,snow in drifted pockets so I would suggest a quad as my sled was getting pretty hot ,did not see any cars or trucks out in the big water or Bombers ,Bombers were in the perch grounds

Edited by ptmpete