Sparrow Lake?

woodee148

Rented a cottage thru work on Sparrow lake. above port stanton. Doesn't seem to be much in the area of outfitters and we were hoping to get out for a day.

any suggestions? anyone know current conditions ? we are going up Feb 5 - 8

Walleyman outfitters is closed

thanks

If your ice fishing I would be very careful on Sparrow lake, as the current from the Severn River runs right through the centre of the lake. if you see huts out there then to be safe I would fish near them.

Rob C

a freind of mine has a cottage on Sparrow near Brigadoon.We fished for 7-8 hours one sunny Feb. day last winter from Brigadoon all the way to the mouth where the Kahse River empties into the lake and back..Nothing,note even a hit.We drilled more holes than I can remember and fished different depths.If they are there we couldn't find them but good luck and be very careful of the Trent canal flow as was already stated.Don't know what the ice would be like on the Port Stanton side of the lake,we were on the opposite shore.

Not the best map but...

[Dundee is threatened by a mugger with a badly drawn map of Sparrow Lake]

Sue Charlton: Mick, give him your wallet.

"Crocodile" Dundee: What for?

Sue Charlton: He's got a crudely drawn map.

"Crocodile" Dundee: [chuckling] That's not a map.

"Crocodile" Dundee: [Dundee draws a detailed hydrographic map of Sparrow lake]

"Crocodile" Dundee: *That's* a MAP.

http://www.anglersatlas.com/lakes/25370/

Thanks guys, we are actually in a small bay up and to the left of port stanton. we are at the end of the bay so I think the ice should be fine. good to know about the trent thru there thou, thanks

lack of fish may be why the outfitters have all closed up shop... oh well we will try it anyway. we will consider it a challenge and I'll let you know how we made out.

we did the trent thru there by boat a few years ago (actually got soem info here) so I have some maps somewhere

[Dundee is threatened by a mugger with a badly drawn map of Sparrow Lake]

Sue Charlton: Mick, give him your wallet.

"Crocodile" Dundee: What for?

Sue Charlton: He's got a crudely drawn map.

"Crocodile" Dundee: [chuckling] That's not a map.

"Crocodile" Dundee: [Dundee draws a detailed hydrographic map of Sparrow lake]

"Crocodile" Dundee: *That's* a MAP.

http://www.anglersatlas.com/lakes/25370/

lol , Thanks for the laugh...great map looks like the bay we ar in is West bay (on that map) right accross from the 35' deep hole. did some research and apparently it used to be a santuary but is now open?? sounds appealing........ try to find a bit of a drop and fish that or just go fro it in the hole?