Hauling across the ice - Nosbonsing

woodee148

Hi all, I have been lurking here for a little while gathering up some info on Nosbonsing. We recently bought some land up there on the south shore. We were up Jan 15 - 17 to check it out and do some ice fishing. small perch and 1 - 17" pickerel (both on minnow and a hook). Ice only seemed about 12" thick with 4" of water under a couple of inches of snow. spent more time trying to stay out of the water and getting dry than fishing!anyway, we are looking to build a dock (floating) and I would like to build it on the ice now and let it settle and haul it to where it needs to go in spring. My question is - what are the ice conditions now? is there anything/area I should avoid? I would be entering soemwhere in bondfield and heading over to the south shore. I am just south of the sunken island (i think). Iwould have my gm ext cab 6l with a two axle trailer full of lumber. I saw lots of trucks and cars out when I was there last but I just want to make sure its safe for a bit more weight than a standard vehicle. any suggestions/ comments would be great Thanks!tried to post a pic of the ice but cant seem to do it. It says its uploading but then nothing happens and it still says 0 attachments

Thanks Bernie! I think you answered one of my questions on another site a few days ago..re: Dock!! I will wiat and see as we are not going up till end of Feb now. Hoping the ice is good enough then. It would be a long hike with enough lumber for 12' x 36' dock along with 27 - 55 gallon drums

lol

nos_2010_Ice_fishing.jpg