Dog Lake

fishyfingers

sorry for the late replky bro but dog is great for pike splake and crappie. not sure about the ice this year but i would assume that it is good right now. was out on buck today and there was a good 6-8 inches just beware of currents and you wiil be fine

sorry for the late replky bro but dog is great for pike splake and crappie. not sure about the ice this year but i would assume that it is good right now. was out on buck today and there was a good 6-8 inches just beware of currents and you wiil be fine

Thanks for the comment... You are right about the crappie, we had a few of those today. Also some perch, not a big pile of fish today but at least we didn't get skunked. We got enough for a snack for me later. There were some guys in a hut just a little ways from ours who were pulling lots of pike out, they had 5 on the ice that I could see. I was talking with them and I guess they had some bass as well but threw them back. If anyone is wondering the ice was about 10 inches, there were lots of trucks out on the ice. Not for me, but I guess its thick enough.

On another note, are crappie hard to clean? this will be my first attempt at it :)