Mountain Lake (Minden)

Steel28

Same as last post, watch the ice conditions. May not be safe at all this weekend. I've only fished it once for a few hours and got skunked. I was at the hwy 35 side south of the dam and inflow from 12 mile lake. I've seen people ice fish just below the inflow and pretty close to open water. There was a post of what to use a few days ago. I would try 20-60 feet off points and islands etc when you get out. I'll be driving by it Friday on the way to my cottage, our bay will probably have safe ice but the main lake wont.

Same as last post, watch the ice conditions. May not be safe at all this weekend. I've only fished it once for a few hours and got skunked. I was at the hwy 35 side south of the dam and inflow from 12 mile lake. I've seen people ice fish just below the inflow and pretty close to open water. There was a post of what to use a few days ago. I would try 20-60 feet off points and islands etc when you get out. I'll be driving by it Friday on the way to my cottage, our bay will probably have safe ice but the main lake wont.

That ice near the open water inflow from 12 Mile gets remarkably thick...freaks me out though. We're Carnarvon area (Bosh) which still has open water...what lake you on?