Garmin Fishing Maps Purchase Questions

DogBoat

Hi Everyone.

I recently purchased a Garmin Colorado 300. Intended use:

- Handheld for fishing to trailerable or ice fishable lakes leading out from the Quinte area - Bay of Quinte being my primary focus.

I am torn on which lake map package to purchase:

- The Bluechart US019R package for approx $200, or

- The Inland Lakes package for approx $130

I really do not travel to tonnes of inland lakes (although I do travel regularly to the area around Bancroft to Tory Hill), and it looks like both packages cover Quinte, the Trent and Rideau systems (Inland Lakes, more..) which are mainly at my doorstep. Note - a good fishing map package could open up other fishing options for me.

Questions:

- What would you buy; what has more accurate bottom information; where is the best place to purchase for the price - I seem to recall Garmin sells online.

- My main concern is bottom accuracy on the Quinte - if there is not much diff between the two, I'm aiming for the Inland lakes package, but if Bluechart is VERY much better, then that will tip the scales in it's favour.

Thanks for all your assistance folks! And Happy Holidays!

../ Brian

garmin used to have a mapquest pan/zoom type setup for their products so you could see the detail for an area you're interested in. I have bluechart also and I got it for the west coast pacific and around swo with coverage of most large lakes. very small lakes and rivers will show but don't mark structures or soundings.