Dunnville today

brifishrgy

My cousin and I made it out this am on the lower grand .. ice didnt look too good but after puching a cuple holes in the ice decided to head out ..... after away from the ramp area the ice was ok to the left but the ice to the right appeared broken/refrozen ... a half hour in Mike had a beauty rainbow on ... 10-15 min fight and lost it at the hole ... couldnt get his head up ... left the ice at around noon ... the ice was making some not so nice sounds and was starting to heave by the ramp ... cracks starting to grow ... if your heading out there this weekend bring a boat ... I dont think there will be any access from the ramp

The warm will prolly wash away the safe ice. If its startin to make noises already then pcs will begin to break off and it will refreeze at night. The overall structure will become weaker and if you put a pile of guys out there this weekend then you could have a recipe for disaster. Be careful out there everyone...and you sure won't see me out there when its like that. :stretcher:

Guys & Gals the ice is fine i have lived here all my life and i no the grand like the back of my hand ..i would never plan a derby if the ice wasn't safe enought to fish ...i ckecked the ice this am looks fine with over 10 to 13" of ice from the dam to the mouth of lake erie ...i even checked all the side creeks that flow into the river no water all ice ..when i see the creeks flowing then i no it can change fast ..but there is many cold nights ahead to tighen all the melted snow up into more ice ..if there is a big change witch i no is not going to happen i will post stay off the ice ..My Tourney is still a go ...hope to see you all out Sunday to help raise money for the Sick Kids Hospital ..Fishmaster Bait & Tackle

Edited by Fishmaster