Rice Lake

Stoty

First off, I did not mean to crap on the OP's thread with what I said, nor did I intend to scrutinize the new open ice season. Personally, I do not have any experience ice fishing, and don't plan to try it, it's just not my thing so I suppose I should not really be speaking on this topic. I was merely voicing my opinion on what could happen to the walleye fishery Rice has to offer. Regarding the native fisher people you mentioned, I personally do not believe they have much of an impact at all, it's not like the numbers of walleye they consume are anywhere near the numbers of fish "consumed" on Nippissing, but I am only speaking out of observation.

The comments I made were simply based on the fact that Rice is one of the best and closest walleye fisheries closer to the GTA, and with the new season, I felt that it will face much more pressure than it's used to. This is the first time Rice has allowed ice fishing no? I do however agree with the point you made regarding the expansion of rec. fishing opportunities to not be limited to just the spring/summer/fall, if it gets more people introduced to this great sport, then I'm all for it.

Nevertheless, I apologize for the 'asinine' comments I made. I did not intend to offend anybody in any way whatsoever with my thoughts. Hope anybody who was offended by my comments accept this apology.

Happy fishing to all,

Cheers

That was a classy post. Thx for taking the time.