loose roe

vinnimon

yeah but the dog doesnt mind ...when its prepared right ...( i dont think the dog is going to miss it )

ive been searching the regs to find what led me to believe you were obligated to keep the fish ...so far i cant find anything ....

heres another one ...

ive always believed ....after having your limit of fish ...you are DONE.... because as soon as you connect to the next fish this puts you illegal because the fish is now in your possession...

reading the ministry page it says you can continue to fish ....but immediate release.... :dunno:

In doing so,release asap.But if the fish cannot survive,I beleive you need to call the mnr and report.You will be over your limit.Most guys woudnt call and let the guy next to them control the rod.and actually land the fish.

In doing so,release asap.But if the fish cannot survive,I beleive you need to call the mnr and report.You will be over your limit.Most guys woudnt call and let the guy next to them control the rod.and actually land the fish.

You do not need to report the fish and with the new culling laws, if you kill one after your limit is reached you SHOULD cull a live fish for your dead one where allowed.

And yes, there is a limit on roe. You may possess the roe from as many fish of that species you are allowed to possess. The possession laws mention fish or any part of a fish. So if you have fifty pounds of roe, you are in deep do-do.

Stripping a fish and releasing can get you a fish molestation charge. And if it doesn't, it is a fish in possession in any event since it is part of that fish.

Now every time I land a hen with eggs, I'm gonna think of the word "molestation".
Well iwas out today and guess what after throwing out old roe and curing store baught,I finally landed a female brown about 5 lbs,and not a stocked one what a beauty.Her belly though was stripped.There was a hand full left.She didnt have much of a fight,sluggish,It was too easy to land.If I let her go she wouldnt survive.

This fish was tired.all in all the fillets were free of the silver lining.A good one that was molested by others.The guy next to me caught one and her belly was full,as per the others I saw.

You do not need to report the fish and with the new culling laws, if you kill one after your limit is reached you SHOULD cull a live fish for your dead one where allowed.

And yes, there is a limit on roe. You may possess the roe from as many fish of that species you are allowed to possess. The possession laws mention fish or any part of a fish. So if you have fifty pounds of roe, you are in deep do-do.

Stripping a fish and releasing can get you a fish molestation charge. And if it doesn't, it is a fish in possession in any event since it is part of that fish.

Im not sure about culling laws,if im correct,and correct me if i am wrong.If you catch a fish you are at your limit or if it is out of season and and caught accidently,and this fish has no chance to survive,it can be kept.without reporting it.I recently gave away my old fisheries act book to a friend.I need to get a recent one,for my informaton.The summary is a guide line and it doesnt cut it for me.Its just a guide line.

Once you have your limit and are not permitted to cull, you MUST release the fish, no matter what shape it is in. Otherwise every poacher would just keep jiggiing up walleye out of 40 feet of water and giving them a little squeeze which blows their stomach out of their mouth and claiming it was dead so he had to keep it.

Once you have your limit and are not permitted to cull, you MUST release the fish, no matter what shape it is in. Otherwise every poacher would just keep jiggiing up walleye out of 40 feet of water and giving them a little squeeze which blows their stomach out of their mouth and claiming it was dead so he had to keep it.
When I get my limit I change course,go for another species in a different spot.I only keep what ill that day or the next day.