Water "turnover" in conservation areas ?

splashhopper

One of the locals conservation areas that I fished all summer for bass has been a real challenge for me this fall.

I am new to fall bass fishing and am researching and following threads here all the time on this.

If the turnover effect means that the water temps are close to the same throughout the depth of the water and this particular body of water only has maximum depths of 12 feet, why is it that I can't seem to find the fish when I am targeting that depth of water ?

I have slowed the presentations down... trying all kinds of spinners, jerk baits,,, drop shots... live bait floated ... u name it I am trying it all..

Do the fish school up even tighter so that it just seems that they have "dissapeared" in the 20 acres of water somewhere ?

I am hoping for a few more days on this location ( before the season ends) as I am a proponent of learning a few bodies of water and fishing them.

Just hoping to capitalize on "the feed bag" phenomena. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Splashhopper

I have been using tubes to get my smallies this fall, it's all new to me too, I was very surprised at how slow I had to move the tube & make sure it was on the bottom. Smoke & Purple worked on My Lake in the area you & I were in

Richard

I am gonna give those a try down here tomorrow after work...

I haven't seen any cray fish in this lake though...

lots of frogs earlier in the season though..