response to email to NOTL town council

pikehunter

I just opened this email in response to Rick's thread regarding the non resident fishing permit requirement. I just thought I would pass it along.

Dear Sir

Please be aware that this is a small piece of land about 100’ X 50 where we have had challenges with security and so have the neighbours. This land is not designated as a park and it is hoped that it will soon be used by Canada Customs as a secure area for cross river ferry traffic. I believe that once cross river traffic begins the land will restricted to all except those going into the United States via the ferry.

Please note that we do not restrict fishing on any other property in the town.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

Jim Collard

Councillor

Box 1401

490 Niagara Blvd.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

L0S 1J0

(905) 468-7002

www.collards.com

Copy of my my response to the above mentioned letter from Jim Collard:

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your speedy reply to my concern. But I still disagree that any municipality can enact such fees to out of towners. Don't forget the fact that you have a tourist based economy in Niagara and this does not go over very well with us "outsiders."

I have never shorefished from any location in NOTL, I am only speaking for those that do. I can understand your concerns with noise and trash, but this is probably no more of a problem than what you experience in the rest of your community. Don't forget that fishermen and women do spend tourist dollars also.

Truly,