Centerpin Nooblet..

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

my understanding of running dacron backing is because it's lighter which makes for easier spool startup.......and provides some cushion which prevents the spool from warping....not sure how you would warp a centrepin spool, snag maybe? but that was what I was told years back....

a few things I'd suggest:

-agreed on keeping it simple...are you new to centre pinning or new to steelheading entirely? if you're complete noob I'd recommend just running your spinning reel and learning more important factors: ie how to tie your own egg sacs, reading the water, learning how to identify steelie water and dead water, how rainfall affects the rivers you fish, water temps, shot patterns, various knots, etc, etc....mastering these basic skills will improve your success far more than a centrepin

- find somebody who knows what they're doing and get out as much as possible....if you don't kjnow anybody then actually start watching guys on the river and what they are doing before you get out in the river

- raven makes a pretty informative little booklet, great for starters

Thats Good Advice for sure. As for the all the costs, I have an islander and I think my collection of leader material and floats adds up to more than the reel, lol.

Thats Good Advice for sure. As for the all the costs, I have an islander and I think my collection of leader material and floats adds up to more than the reel, lol.

Ya gotta start picking floats off trees at the end of the season ;) . I normally go for the Riverwoods and customs and leave the Drennans behind for the others (can’t see them anyway) :lol:

DSC_5110.jpg

Got 5 boxes worth of floats in total…1 box of floats just from this spring and early fall :D …If in the middle of the night you see a strange figure climbing up a tree on the far bank, please don’t try to shoot it :lol:

Ya gotta start picking floats off trees at the end of the season ;) . I normally go for the Riverwoods and customs and leave the Drennans behind for the others (can’t see them anyway) :lol:

DSC_5110.jpg

Got 5 boxes worth of floats in total…1 box of floats just from this spring and early fall :D …If in the middle of the night you see a strange figure climbing up a tree on the far bank, please don’t try to shoot it :lol:

I think a couple of those are mine, lol. but seriously thats ALOT of floats from the tree's. Most of the ones i see are suspended above an area I want to fish,....so I kinda dont bother ruining the hole for a $2 float :P Good on ya for cleaning up the scenery though,..I hope you pick up all the line and other garbage that people leave as well :)