Nipissing last day to ice fish?

Buddy

Guest skeeter99

maybe i am seeing things in the regs, but division 27 lake nipissing is jan1 to march 7 and victoria day to oct 15th so no u cannot fish untuil there is no ice left unless u want a fine

so the last day would be march 7th until 11:59 pm

maybe i am seeing things in the regs, but division 27 lake nipissing is jan1 to march 7 and victoria day to oct 15th so no u cannot fish untuil there is no ice left unless u want a fine

so the last day would be march 7th until 11:59 pm

How old are the regs you read?

I beleive there was an amendment, providing an extra week to carry it over to the 15th of March this year.

Guest skeeter99

yes u are correct for the "2008" fishing season right on the first page of the fishing regulations there is a HUGE notice saying to follow the old regs because the new ones are not ready yet until further notice

so it would be march 7th

Guest skeeter99

no clampet is right i did take effect jan 1 2007 march 15th for nip

The following regulation changes take effect January 1, 2007:

The walleye season will be open year-round on all of Lake Erie. The catch and possession limit for walleye in the eastern basin of Lake Erie will increase to six fish from four.

On Lake Nipissing, the winter season for walleye and some other species is being extended by one week. This change, along with a longer fall season and changes in catch limits, will apply to the entire lake including the West Arm.

On Golden Lake, the walleye fishery will re-open after being closed for five years. There will be a 50 cm minimum size limit, and a catch and possession limit of two walleye (under a sport fishing licence) and one walleye (under a conservation fishing licence).

The province is extending the bass season across the province by moving the opening day from the last Saturday in June to the fourth Saturday in June.

Skeeter and Clampet are right the season ends on March the 15th at midnight. The season for muskie, bass and pike has been extended in the fall from October 15th and will now close on November 30th. Walleye will however still close on October 15th.

Cheers

Don

So am I... confused that is.

So we're to follow the 2006 regs until the 2007 regs are approved. But there's regulation changes that were supposed to be effective Jan 1st, 2007. Are these changes part of the 2007 regs (which we are to disregard until further notice) or mentioned somewhere else altogether??

Even if they were to take effect Jan 1st we're being told to go by the old regs - which would close the season March 7th.

Anyone talk to a hut operator lately? What date are they going by?

Edited by Northhunter