Anyone been down on the Credit this morning?

raptorfan

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums, and I think I am very happy I joined. Alot of useful info here. I was down fishing the credit near the mouth (at the park behind the library) 3 nights last week. There was activity on wednesday and thursday night, got a 23 lb chinook wed, but friday night there was no fish activity at all coming up. Was wondering with all the rain last night if anyone has seen activity pick up. It is an hour and a bit for me to get up there, and my wife is getting mad with me going up and not getting anything.

If anyone has any info, that would be fantastic.

the angler activity sure has picked up. i went for a look at erindale park and must have seen 50-60 people just from where the bridge is. actually saw a guy reel in a pretty sizeable fish too. no one else seemed to be having luck.

not sure how the river mouth was.

I ended heading up there yesterday afternoon. Nothing was going on in the harbour, but as the day progressed there were alot more being pulled out in erindale park. Didn't go up any farther, but was interested to see if anything was up at the dam in streetsville yet. Will probably head up there again saturday morning, was a little unprepared yesterday as I was only expecting to fish the harbour. Will make sure I bring my waders and such next weekend.

I ended heading up there yesterday afternoon. Nothing was going on in the harbour, but as the day progressed there were alot more being pulled out in erindale park. Didn't go up any farther, but was interested to see if anything was up at the dam in streetsville yet. Will probably head up there again saturday morning, was a little unprepared yesterday as I was only expecting to fish the harbour. Will make sure I bring my waders and such next weekend.

Careful

Check your reg's, I believe it is closed from the 403 bridge and up.

Careful

Check your reg's, I believe it is closed from the 403 bridge and up.

Thank you for that, I reread and missed that section my first time through. There must have been over 300 people there I watched fishing yesterday.......

*edit* I did read it right the first time, erindale park is south of the 403 bridge, inbetween the 403 and QEW. According to the reg, you can fish all year from south of 403 to the lake with the exception of Britannia to streetsville which is closed from august 15th on. Although, for streetsville, I knew I could not fish there, which is probably what you are referring to. I just wanted to go watch the run.

Edited by raptorfan

FYI, kraft owns all the land around the dam and the dam itself. The mill now has peel police patrolling it regularily and will lay charges to anyone they find trespassing on the property. To answern your question raptorfan, yes there are chinnies, cohos, browns, and steelhead at the dam already. There have been fish up there for a while already.

Rich.