Fall fishing around the Toronto Islands

lunders

Sorry to bug you guys again with another question regarding fishing around the Toronto Islands... But anyways, I'll give it a try.

I went out with my boat yesterday, and tried a bunch of places around the islands, canals etc. Tried trolling with rapalas and different spinners.

Also did a lot of casting with different lures, texas rigged worms, spinners, rapalas etc. Didn't get a single bite...

Anyone out there that could give me some advice? I was hoping to bump into some pike, even bass... What is the way to go? I saw some surface activity of some fish, but they obviously wasn't into what I was offering them. (Was it carp, perhaps)

Should I try worms or live bait? Try to aim for some carp?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ps - I'll be back with report/photos if any luck...

When your trolling always keep in mind of the speed you are traveling ..switch up from time to time until you get a hit...then stick with that speed...

Thanks for the advice. However - My boat is not exactly the ultimate trolling boat. I use 20 Ft bowrider with an inboard, so my trolling speed is pretty much gonna be the idling forward... Would be nice to have an electric. Might be my next investment...!

DSC_5534.jpg

20 ft boat translates to BIG lake capabilities....switch species to target and youll bend the rods ( especially this time of year...)

Good Luck

Thanks! I guess I should invest in some down riggers and heavier equipment... I still have mixed feelings about using my 190 HP inboard as my trolling engine though... Oh well, it should work, just not too friendly on gas consumption......

there will be a chart on tha back of the dipsy package as indicating your depth / line ratios

Thanks again! I will definately look more into this!

But until I'm all setup with this, I'll give the pike (or other species) around the islands a few more tries!!!

Have to say, love this forum. So much knowledge around and so much help to get...

Thanks again! I will definately look more into this!

But until I'm all setup with this, I'll give the pike (or other species) around the islands a few more tries!!!

Have to say, love this forum. So much knowledge around and so much help to get...

for Pike, tow a 3" williams wabler in gold and silver hammered..no wieght...they will come up and hammer it

Went back out today, fishing around for about four-five hours.

Tried trolling spinners and rapalas. Stopped here and there around "promising" weed beds, trees etc. Tossing all kinds of spinners, texas rigged worms, jigs, frogs etc. Got skunked today as well... Not even a bite. Is it something wrong with me, or is fishing just hard these days?

Talked to a few other guys, one of them had caught one small bass I think. That's it.

But - Never give up, I'll be back!

The bite has been on for the last 2 weeks.

Stop your engine!

Shore fishing has been successful so just park your boat at the weeds 10-20' deep and try casting.

Try a slow retrieve.

The weeds are dying a bit so you can get into them and tear free easier.

Go with some sluggos, weedless spoons if you have to.

Jig in any pockets you find.

Hope that helps!!!