Wolseley Bay Musky

rides85

Anyone have any sugestions on colors or baits that hae been working up there this year, was up there at the start of the month and lost one night trolling and had one blow up on a buddies jackpot. Making another trip up there this friday. This is new water to me, I'm used to fishing LOTW

Any feed back would be great

Rides

Well I might catch hell from a few folk who have put in many hours figuring out this body of water over many years of trial and error and upset the apple cart on who pulls off first prize on the next OFC get-together up there this year... but here goes anyways. Just pray I never show up there to grab the gold.

Good luck in Wosley bay

One thing I have found is that this body of water is full of nice fish... they just don't fish like musky... they act more like walleye. I have never had much luck casting for fish up there... never even seen a follow from casting... not sure why... tried a variety of baits and many spots.

Trolling has been the best ticket for me up there and I have over five years of experience on that water and usually in tough mid-summer conditions. Full moon is big up there triggers the crap out of big fish... I caught the walleye of my life up there on a big believer lure trolling one night.

Colors were all dark, black and browns were big. The new glass rapalas worked well up there for other fish and I know that they are making bigger models now... might want to try one of those.

The biggest thing that seemed to make the difference up there for me was .... one year I tried using a bait with a rattle in it. Bingo. The fish loved it. So that tells me that the fish up there really track sounds and or hate anything making a racket. Try that .... post the results.

I love the area... truely God's country.

I share this info openingly because this board has a tendency to offer up little treasures like this on a regular basis. My contribution to the treasure trove. My appologies to any of the guys or gals that might feel that I have let the cat out of the bag... Please practise good catch and release on these fish if these tips help... I do release all fish I catch except the odd walleye and crappie though the ice.