Brantford Grand

mpagnan

Change in plans. I've invited two buddies from out of town to come along but I really don't know where to take them! I'm feeling the pressure now....is there any spots you guys would suggest? Of course I'm not looking for the "spot" but just certain stretches of the river to hit up or avoid.

Thanks again,

Coincidently I'm heading out that way with my GF tomorrow as well. I've never fished the Grand either but heading out there based on the recommendations of a few people from this forum. We don't really have a spot in mind either, just gonna wing it and drive along the system till we find something we like. Gonna be sure to bring along the GPS! Maybe we'll run into each other.

Good Luck!

Keep in mind there are several areas of the Grand in that area that have very strict regulations. Basically between Paris and Brant park is all catch and release, single barbless hooks. Just be aware if you're in this section, below it you're fine.

Downstream of Brantford, the dam in Caledonia is a popular spot and you can catch just about anything there.

theres a spot not far from the cockshutt bridge that goes from 2.5-10ft almost instantly on the fish finder. find that spot and you'll be into bass and walleye.

now, would that be up or down river? what do i consider not far? :P:D

the river is loaded with bass and has quite a few walleye. white jigs and chartreuse/silver cranks are my best producers. topwater is awesome for the bass as well.