Simcoe Whitty help -- fall time :)

LeXXington

Hey all my ICE fishing comrads. :whistling:

Being that it took me about 3 years to get a whitty on the ice I was thinking about trying the same area of the Fishing for Tyler on the water.

Is it worth trying in the area for whittes or should I skip that and go for the perch, bass pike etc..

Any help you can provide for fall whitties would really be helpful if they are in that area.

Thanks

White fishing is great and lots of fun, I went with my uncle Mark a few times some of you may know him. (I am kind of new to the game) The action might be slow depending on many circumstances. So I would go for Bass/Pike/Perch with your kid

Edited by Aaron`

Well the Results are in..

Started of Sunday early morning.. Fog bank so think I cut it and ate it for breakfast. I waited around till about 7:30 light enough too see a couple hundred feet then off I went GPS in hand.

Got too where I thought they would be, it was dead calm so jigging was easy. yes the whitties were there and intrested on what I was offering but they decided too just window shop. Coming in close then leaving. I think if I tried a few more days (years :) I could have caugh one.

After the fog lifted and the sun poked through I tried to find some bass, nope,, tried some pike,, nope..

On the way to another spot I started seeing lots of activity at 50feet.. Spent the rest of the afternoon perching..

The perch schools were only in the 55-48 foot mark if you drifted too shallow the perch seemed to dissappear.

Got a bunch of jumbo's and only a few dinks most were around 7-9 inch mark. The fish were very aggressive, your bait would not even hit the floor, I tried using a high low rig but just too tough.

it will be hard to get that type of day on the water again but it was fun. Cheer's too all the tips I got, I was in the right location but wrong bait :(

Edited by LeXXington