best place to rent a boat in the kawarthas?

castgame

looking to rent a 14' aluminum w/ a 9.9 to take a couple of friends out fishing. i know there's a marina in port perry that rents, but i was wondering if there's a better deal or a better lake or both somewhere else in the kawarths. or anywhere within a couple hours of toronto really. any suggestions? any tips for gettnig into a couple largemouth or walleye or hammer handles on scugog or any other kawartha lake? thanks!

thinking of scrapping the boat rental and just hitting it by canoe... problem with the kawarthas is there's just so much good looking water to choose from! guess i'll pick a lake today and get back to you all

Check out my post on Long Lake. It is in the Kawartha Highlands Park, which is mostly crown land with a few cottages. Tons of good fishing, low pressure and lots of camping. most of the water is smaller so it is great for Canoeing.

Check out my post on Long Lake. It is in the Kawartha Highlands Park, which is mostly crown land with a few cottages. Tons of good fishing, low pressure and lots of camping. most of the water is smaller so it is great for Canoeing.

very helpful! thanks wask. i will def keep this in mind when heading up there

tom, i'm going to release anything except a couple of walleye and maybe the odd smallie :D

thanks for the heads up though, good to know

ended up hitting long lake today, thanks again wask. the smallies were hitting often (first cast!), but lightly--only landed a few little ones, 6-10". couldn't find any of any size, not down deep, shallow, on bottom, or the surface. ah well, the lake was gorgeous and it was a beautiful day on the water!

saw a roadkilled juvenile bear on hwy 28 just south of the lake. first for me and a sad sight :(

tom, i'm going to release anything except a couple of walleye and maybe the odd smallie :D

ended up hitting long lake today, thanks again wask. the smallies were hitting often (first cast!), but lightly--only landed a few little ones, 6-10". couldn't find any of any size, not down deep, shallow, on bottom, or the surface. ah well, the lake was gorgeous and it was a beautiful day on the water!

saw a roadkilled juvenile bear on hwy 28 just south of the lake. first for me and a sad sight :(

Cool man, glad the fishing was good. It definitely is a great place to fish, even when the fishing is bad.

Thanks.... too bad about the bear. Not the first one I have heard of or seen this year.