Spiderwire

oates

Hi all,

been using spiderwire exclusively since last year, 6lb test, very thin, stretchy, works fine with casting, noticed if you dropshot it, it goes to crap real fast, line twists and tangles (not at the reel but on the line being dropshot), is this because of it being mono or should I try another brand? PS - I'm wading and dragging a drop shot

I have not had a lot of line breaks with it, it is stretchy but now reading reviews, people seem to dog it. Please advise.

Guest gbfisher

I switched from Power Pro to spider wire Stealth due to line snaps. Havent had any with Spider wire. Stuff is golden. Thats with 80 lb test though.

I know a few Musky guides who use it as well. ;)

Edited by gbfisher

ur gonna get line twist with mono no matter what kind u use. ive personally never used the spiderwire mono, infast, i only use mono on one rod that i use for topwaters. everything else is braid or flourocarbon. i use spiderwire stealth from 10lb to 65lb. used power pro before, stuff if crap in my opinion. no issues with the spiderwire. for dropshotting i use flourocarbon. 10lb test, reel is completely filled with flouro. other things i just use braid with a flouro leader.