Sick of seeing garbage along the shoreline?

danbouck

online-banner.jpg

Many times each year a post pops up talking about other peoples garbage that was left behind and how bad some of our fishing spots have become littered with junk.

This is a chance for all you guys and gals to spend some time on your local river banks, beaches etc. and help clean up. It is very easy to join up, just go to the website that I posted below, find a local cleanup and sign up. If you want to hold your own it’s easy as well.

I decided to hold one on Mill Creek (Soper Park) in Cambridge on September 26th. It started with just a couple buddies and now 3 more have joined up from the website. All I did was sign up online, find a location and they sent me all the cleanup items that I will need (gloves, garbage bags etc.) Anyone that wants to join me for the cleanup please PM me and I’ll send all the info. It will be great to see some local OFNers out there.

Some Info:

http://www.vanaqua.org/cleanup/home.php

The TD Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup is one of the largest conservation initiatives of the Vancouver Aquarium. What started in 1994 as a small beach cleanup conducted by a handful of Vancouver Aquarium employees has now grown into the second largest cleanup in the world (The U.S. is in first place - for now!)