Lots of bears

misfish

I still haven't figured out when to call 911 for a bear call. My husband said telling it to "Shoo" from looking through the screen door wasn't the best idea I had. When another one tried to get to me through the glass sliding door this spring, I pounded on the glass and it took it's frustration out on my patio swing. I now have conversation bear rips in my swing cushion.

I haven't seen any bears since the berry season, but come to think of it, I have a lot of ripe berries surrounding my house. :(

Pam

If it makes you northern brothers feel better we are just starting to get a bear problem here in the Buffalo area but I am sure nothing like up north.....One got hit by a car on the I-190 within the city limits and another had to be shot in Amherst where a LOT of tree huggers live.

We really have more of a deer problem in the suburbs of Cheektowaga and Amherst which both border the city of Buffalo......instead of having the bow hunters take care of the problem for free they pay so called sharp shooter police officers OVERTIME to hunt them down at night. GO FIGURE.... :wacko:

BTW a year or two ago one of the "sharp shooters" bullets ended up going thru the second story window in a house in Amherst......caliber .308..........in Erie county we hunters have to use shotguns but the so called sharp shooters can use rifles......again GO FIGURE.... :wallbash: