Problem with trolling motor

Peps

Maybe one of you can give me some insight.......

I thought I had a problem with the foot pedal, but after testing it there is nothing wrong with the foot pedal.(theres power and all the contact points work)

When plugged in the pedal doesn't run the motor it's almost like it shorts out. It will go on and off sometimes work but most of the time it doesn't..

peps

Having the same problem. Don't know if you read my post or not. Check the jpg i uploaded did you use that test to check the pedal? Mine passed all but the last one. Read my post as well http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35645, some good advice there too. I should have answers tonight when I get a new pedal to try. After reading reviews some guys are replacing up to 3 pedals over 5 years. You would think there would be a recall :wallbash:

foot_pedal_test.JPG

Edited by Fish4Eyes

I too have an issue and any help would be appreciated!

Mine reconditioned minn kota draws power from the battery even at rest. First time hooking up, I didn't use it and over night it drained the battery. Thought it was the battery so I switched up to my fish finder battery and it worked for 30mins. and I stopped using it and over the night it drained the battery. I use clips, so all I do is unhook them when not using it, but it's still a pain, if I forget to unclip.

Any ideas on how to stop this ghost power loss?

Thanks!