st. joseph island (northern ONT.)

redneck666

hey,

im plannin on goin fishin tomorrow afternoon for pike/walleye around richards landing. is there a free place to launch a boat anywhere around there? or maybe there is a closer place to the soo thats got lots of walleye and pike that you recommend?

thanks,

JP

Edited by bigredneck

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

there might be somewhere to launch right at the bridge. i know people fish for eyes. under/downstream of the bridge...bring some real heavy bells sinkers and 3 way swivels though...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i just meant if you fished near the bridge. the current is real heavy right at the bridge...harnesses/cranks don't get down very deep because of the high current

Tie your line to one eye of the 3 way. Tie a hook on about 1 metre of line to another eye of the 3 way.

Tie the bell sinker with about 30 cm of line to the last eye. Just a worm on the hook so it is stretched out. Bounce the sinker on bottom under the bridge. You gotta have a stMarys river anchor to anchor there or you will likely be leaving it stuck in the rocks.

If you have a little boat that you can lift, you can put it in at that little park right at the bridge, otherwise, if you have to launch, its $5 at Richards landing marina.

If the pearch bite the end of your worm off, you gotta put a new one on. The only way to get the eyes under the bridge is a full worm and no jewelry with it.

So I been told.

At night from shore, a Rapala will work