Fishing Buckhorn Lake

jaydub

I wouldn't expect any pike, maybe a musky. Bass can be found in any bassy looking area. Lotsa variety to choose from on this lake, depends where on the lake you are, but anything from slop to weedflats to rocky points and shoals. Not alot of deep water available, the walleye will be mixed up with the bass in the weeds.

For walleye I have done well with Erie Dearies tipped with worm at the weedlines.

Bass, topwaters work great due the amount of weeds on this water body.. I remember in years past it was right chocked full of weeds with the exception of the main channel. We stayed at both Scotmans point and the Birches for years..

dont be afraid to get into the slop... but also be prepared for some frustration! lol

Good luck!

Ohhh you can also hit the narrows..

G

PS... did well @ Target island.. look for a tiny island with the large triangle marker...

Edited by Gerritt

I wouldn't expect any pike, maybe a musky. Bass can be found in any bassy looking area. Lotsa variety to choose from on this lake, depends where on the lake you are, but anything from slop to weedflats to rocky points and shoals. Not alot of deep water available, the walleye will be mixed up with the bass in the weeds.

Thanks Jer, I still have a heck of a time distinguishing between pike and musky so I probably wouldn't know forsure anyways. lol

Thanks Jer, I still have a heck of a time distinguishing between pike and musky so I probably wouldn't know forsure anyways. lol

For walleye I have done well with Erie Dearies tipped with worm at the weedlines.

Bass, topwaters work great due the amount of weeds on this water body.. I remember in years past it was right chocked full of weeds with the exception of the main channel. We stayed at both Scotmans point and the Birches for years..

dont be afraid to get into the slop... but also be prepared for some frustration! lol

Good luck!

Ohhh you can also hit the narrows..

G

PS... did well @ Target island.. look for a tiny island with the large triangle marker...

Thanks Gerritt, I'll post my results when I get back. I'm looking forward to some good topwater Largemouth action!!