Buckhorn and Chemong lakes

burnerator

What happens to the bass fishing in September on these Lakes. My brother and I have fished these lakes for years and can catch lots of bass both large and small all summer but once September comes along the fish seam to vanish.We have tried inside and outside edges,weedbeds,lilly pads.rocks ect.but just can't get a limit of bass but yet every tournament the fishermen allways seem to bring in lots of big fish.What are we doing wrong?

If you're working weeds that will be your best bet but slow down your presentation and try working through the beds with texas rigged baits and jigs. On sunny days look for the shallows to heat up later in the afternoon.

Once the cooler nights start coming and the water temperatures start to drop the weedline fishing gets going pretty good and fish start to stack up in them. The only problem is sometimes you have to flip lots of weeds to find the schools! Patience is key when flipping weedlines since they can run for entire shorelines in those lakes but if you find the inside turns and underwater points they can pay off huge.

One other thing is that the fish will start relating to the bait more and more as the year goes on and they will move as the bait moves... here today and gone tomorrow is a common thing in the fall... you just have to find them again because they are somewhere feeding!

JP

I fish Big bald lake (very similar)and had same issue - answer was slow down - summer is always awesome - Weedlines with drop off - also look for crikets and frogs - will tell you what they are feeding on - I texas rig a brushhog - if i find crikets fish dark colours

good luck