Minaki Area Muskie Reports

Stein

I know that I'm a bit early asking as I don't get to come up for two more weeks, but can anyone give me a muskie report for Minaki/Roughrock/Big/Little Sand area or is anyone going in the next week or two?

Not looking for spots as we have been going for the last 15 years now, but with the cooler summer are the fish shallow, on rocks, on weeds, etc?

Looking forward to 10 days of muskie fishing bliss. No work, no phones, ahhhh. Can hardly wait!

Feel free to PM if you don't want to post here.

Thanks!

Edited by Stein

Don't think we have any members in that immediate area. Grt1 is in Red Lake further north, primarily a walleye fisherman, Limeyangler is in Dryden, and may have been to Big Sand, but he is in europe right now. Ben Beattie is in Sioux Lookout, he is a guide on Lac Seul. He may have info, but he is quite a bit east of that area. Then there is Rickster who is in Fort Frances or Rainy River much further south. The Thunder Bay contingent, none of us really target musky as there are none within 4+ hours of us heading west, unless we go out to Lake of the Woods for a holiday.

i dont know if it will be of much help as it is not about minaki... but i guided on LOTW all summer and with the cooler water temps the bigger muskies are hanging out on rocks more then anything else, find some wood in the water and your golden :thumbsup_anim:

Rocks over weeds is fine with me! I like jakes, grandmas and big cranks that time of year anyway. I suppose I will have to still throw the DCG's as well, but I really don't like winching those things in. Anyone that says they can burn them all day either is lying or has my utmost respect.