Booyah Baits - Do you use them? Which ones are best?

wask

So I was cruising through Oshawa today and decided to stop at Gagnons Sports and pick up some bass baits.

Grabbed some of the norm to replenish the tackle box, but also picked up a couple of Booyah Baits.

Double bladed spinner and a boogee bait as well. Figured they were worth a try.

Have some kind of patented hook technology, which is interesting as well.

I've heard/ seen Booyah and have never heard anything bad about them, thought they were worth a try.

Any feedback on them? Anyone love/ hate them?

I was disappointed that they are owned by Pradco though, they have ruined a couple of bait companies for me (Heddon/ Arbogast) because I find the construction poor...

So I was cruising through Oshawa today and decided to stop at Gagnons Sports and pick up some bass baits.

Grabbed some of the norm to replenish the tackle box, but also picked up a couple of Booyah Baits.

Double bladed spinner and a boogee bait as well. Figured they were worth a try.

Have some kind of patented hook technology, which is interesting as well.

I've heard/ seen Booyah and have never heard anything bad about them, thought they were worth a try.

Any feedback on them? Anyone love/ hate them?

I was disappointed that they are owned by Pradco though, they have ruined a couple of bait companies for me (Heddon/ Arbogast) because I find the construction poor...

I like the spinner baits alot... but the quality isnt there like in some others im told. Contantly tuning the baits.... but I guess that means Im catchin fish with them right ?

paint chipping, blades breaking off ( :dunno::dunno: ) just small things. Booyah was my "go to" company but I find myself looking else where now.

Were they always a Pradco company?

I like the spinner baits alot... but the quality isnt there like in some others im told. Contantly tuning the baits.... but I guess that means Im catchin fish with them right ?

paint chipping, blades breaking off ( :dunno::dunno: ) just small things. Booyah was my "go to" company but I find myself looking else where now.

I've used them only for pike at the lodge. They can take a pretty good pounding but you will have to bend them back....not that that is a problem.....almost everything needs to be tuned sooner or later. The single prop buzz bait they make has more casts on it then any other buzz bait type i have owned. There stuff isn't the best on the market...but is definatly "good enough" in my books.

I'm not totally sold on the "hook technology" they are marketing. The idea is great, but i feel like the middle-of-the-road quality they put into their products is not well suited this kind of technology. I had a buzzbait with cable to the hook a few years back and it worked wonders. Less fish threw the barbless hook...but i have a hard time trusting the quality of the manufacturing. The last thing i really want is to worry about the hook coming off. For spinnerbaits the standard solid hook is more then enough. When it comes to this sort of stuff i apply Guide Rule #3.... "Don't 'mess' with what works."

-Dave