Lake Belwood Question - boat size...

bigjimmcbob

I normally fish Lake Ontario, or Georgian Bay for salmon.

I'm in Kitchener, and sometimes I can't get out there or the lake is not comfortably fishable (weather), and I just want to get out fishing sometimes with the family.

I have a 19' walkaround deep V fiberglass boat with a 115 Merc.

Is this too much boat for Belwood?

I used to fish for a lot of Pike/Bass up north but not on a boat like mine.

My main concerns are water depth, rocks etc.

Can I fish Belwood with my boat? What's the launch like, and is there any docking available?

thanks,

BigJim.

Lots of water, great ramps with a few docks, stay away from the shore til you figure it out but the damn area is like 60' deep, there are areas with willows away from the shore & the water level drops as it gets later in the year, don't use town of Belwood ramp pay at the Conservation area, have fun

Richard

Heres a link to a view overhead of the launch. The lake is plenty deep for your boat, BUT about 1km pass the northern bridge it gets really shallow 2ft in the river. A few points on the east side of the main lake have some big rocks, so just stay back from them a bit. Also stay away from bird crap island. We drove the boat a tad to close and about 75 seagulls were startled and started flying towards us overhead doing bombing runs. Luckily we did not get hit.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=18

115 Merc. is huge for that lake but you'll be fine with a trolling motor and anchor. Did not see boats docked but they have a dock and people with seados, canoes were tied to it. They had a fence with lots of bigger boats inside for storage too.

Edited by Syn