Restoule PP Fishing

JayClay

Heading up to Restoule PP at the end of the month and was hoping to get a few tips on Stormy, Clear and/or Restoule for this time of year

I was there on early July for the first time, but had very limited amount of time to fish. The area was nice, so I wanted to try again for a more serious fishing trip.

I did well in stormy for Bass but didn't catch any eyes. :angry:

Anyone ever get any walleye is Stormy? Or is it better to stick to Restoule?

I talked to a few people in the park, who pointed me at some well known spots on restoule for eyes, but you had to fish the first hours of the morning or the last hour before dark.

Any tips or spots to try that could help narrow down the unproductive water would be a great help!

Thanks,

Jay

Do you have a boat? How is it equipped?

I am pretty sure there is a sizeable population of pickerel that are suspending and feeding on the large schools of bait over deeper water in Restoule. Erie/Quinte tactics should produce some quality fish for you.

Also, I would say Stormy is has better variety than restoule (musky, bass, pickerel, trout)

Here is a musky from stormy caught by my buddy aaron :D

Res7.jpg

Edited by tonyb

BowSlayer - PM sent ...

Tonyb - I have a 14' with 25 4 stroke, and bow mount electric ...

I know where that Musky was caught ... only a couple weed beds like that on Sotrmy that i found. I was disapointed not to catch a walleye in Stormy ... so i wasn't sure how plentiful they were. All the walleye fisherman that i talked to on restoule only fished the last few hours in the evening. Have you ever caught the suspended eyes in restoule?

I tried...but busted off my dipsy and spoon when I went to change it (kink in wire!) So I spent a total of 5 minutes...marked lots and lots of baitfish out there though! with suspended hooks...worth some time exploring an untouched population of fish.

Like you said, the locals anchor off the same spots night after night jigging up the odd smallish walleye...yawn ;)