Lake O. Blue Zone

icefisherman

Took a friend and his son as well as my son to the Blue Zone yesterday. Haven't been there for a while so I wasn't sure what will happen but it worked out well...here is a copy of his report (I am too lazy to write it again)

"Jacob and I met up with Icefisherman and his little guy this morning for a trip to the blue zone. We started in close, just to try it for a bit on our way. We set up and it didn't take long for the diver rod out 140 to fire on a green SD/Fly. This combo has caught the majority of my fish out there this season. Just as I set up the rod Emil was telling me how he never has luck on divers or flies........then bam.....fish on

Off to a good start with this guy......

P6140003.jpg

Didn't move a rod for a bit, and the screen went blank, so we pulled and headed deep. Set up shop near the old weather marker in about 360ft and kept trolling deeper. Started hitting fish after a bit, but they were kinda scattered. Once we found a pattern, we had some decent action going. The boys were having LOTS of fun reeling these guys in.

P6140009.jpg

Jacobs first rainbow.....

P6140010.jpg

His first coho........and biggest fish of his life to date

P6140011.jpg

This fish was kinda tag teamed by all of us......

P6140012.jpg

We got a few of these guys too. Crazy how these little fish are way the hell out in the middle of nowhere.

P6140011.jpg

Most fish were on watermelon spoons, down 25-30ft trolling around 3mph on the gps. We went as far as 400ft, but the fish seemed to be in one small area, so we turned back and got a few more

Good fun day with the kids. I know Jacob had a blast and hasn't stopped talking about his biggest fish, first salmon, and first rainbow since we got off the water. He's even called his Pop in NFLD to tell him all about it

Thanks again Emil, we had good fun out there today my friend. If you guys are ever up in my neck of the woods, make sure to get in touch and we'll put some more eyes in the boat I know I wouldn't have to twist Jacob's arm too hard to go out with you guys again!

S. "

My long time favorite watermelon NK28 proved itself again after a looooong pause.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman