Quinte suggestions/help.

wuchikubo

Hi all,

I have a friend who has another buddy flying in from Japan to do a week of ice fishing. :w00t:

Yeah, that right a 19 hour flight to come here to Ontario to ice fish for a week! :clapping: (Feb 17 -24)

Anyways, I can only take off one day from work to fish Simcoe with them, but they have asked me to look for info regarding ice fishing on the bay of Quinte as they have never fished for walleye through the ice and would like to give it a try for a day.

Anyone here have any suggestions? :worthy: They are also from the Markham area looking for a weekday outing. Since I have got no knowledge of icefishing BoQ, I figured this would be the best place to ask. :thumbsup_anim:

They are willing to go with a hut operator (preferrably on the west side of the BOQ) but will need easy directions. If anyone here wants to offer to show them around and help them out please PM me.

Thanks,

Stan

Edited by HearingFish

you can pretty much go anywhere on the bay...but if you go east to desoronto, and then find all the groups of huts thats where the fish are.......the bay, is like a local river to fish , the locals will know where the fish are so just follow them or the huts

To find some hut operators and some more info on the bay go to quintefishing.com

You could get ahold of Ron at Skevys or Sam at Carra's Outdoors to see if they can set you up with a hut and or a guide.They are both members on this board.I could hook them up with a hut but I wouldn't be able to help them with the fishing as I have to work.