EEEGGGAADDD!!

Rich

So I'm out fishing browns as usual today.. which I might add was the worst day yet. I put in a good 4 hours of casting baits and walking river trying to avoid the dams.. lost one brown about 12 inches first cast.. after that a carp smashed my spinner. Which I promptly lost as it was the scrappiest carp ever. He kept jumping and jumping.. this carp thought he was a bass from start to finish.

Anywho, eventually after walking and pounding the holes with only one more lost trout to show for my efforts I gave in and hit up a dam hoping for some quick fish. Nope, not here either. Cold front must have put them off pretty good. So I decided to toss a little bigger jerkbait than I usually fish.. though I'm sure it's plenty small enough to catch trout still. I'm tossing it at a logjam FOREVER when suddenly a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE brown chases it from the jam and gives up pretty much at my feet. Man oh man, I've seen some decent browns in here but this one was at least 2 feet long.. and beautiful colors on it too. I got a great view of it chasing the bait then going back home. I spent the majority of the rest of my day at that spot dying for another shot at that fish.. but to no avail.

Guess I know where he lives now anyway.

Defeated in trout fishing I hit up the carp for about an hour (always keep a can o' corn handy) and even THEY would not co-operate. Pounded the dam a couple more times before heading home and set hook into a FISH finally.. which turned out to be a little largemouth.

2-15.jpg

That's the 2nd largemouth I've seen come out of there.. pretty rare catch around these parts.

So being satisfied that I at least caught a fish I headed home.. visions of Omega Brown still etched in my memory.

Yeah I know the feeling Rich but at least you landed a fish which is good :thumbsup_anim:

Too bad about the big brown that followed and did not want to commit :w00t:

Like you said, you know where it lives now.... you'll get'em next time

Leechman

Now you have met your target ...even given him a name ....the adventure to your or his success has begun....its going to make for a fun personal contest...

I had the same thing with a ( 15 poundish) brown in the Saugeen for two weeks straight....looking searching walking for this one fish...finally i hooked into him ...i was set up with float reel and 13 footer...a couple of his mad runs i was sure he won as he had me dangerously too close to being spooled ... i would recover within a 50 feet or so to see him jump out of the water ( literally make a splash like a young child doing a cannonball in the pool) ..boosting my confidence..and excitement ...only to lose in the end ...

My personal vendetta with this Brown lives on and i WILL win our battle given the opportunity to hook him again ... he would have turned some nice prizes as it was derby time and the lake was too blown up to be out on it ...hence putting me in the river in the first place

In my search for this particular fish ....i thought i did hook him again during the derby but it turned out to be a 10.14 rainbow that did produce some prizes in the category so i guess he did give me something in return for my efforts for him...cuz i normally wouldnt invest the time in to that area if it wasnt for him ..

Hope your outcome goes better for you then mine did with my nemesis...but "the thrill of the chase is still in place" ( i say that to the wife when im on the hunt for this particular fish)

Good Luck