(NF) BOAT / BIKE OWNERSHIP

Motorhead

I recently bought a 1978 yamaha 250 enduro motorcycle... The guy I bought it off of is a stand up guy and I know his wife from work so there is no problem with the bike being stolen or anything like that.....

What he told me is that his roomate from 10 years ago had this bike and used it as a daily driver. He ended up getting a job in Peru (where he was from origionally) so packed his clothes and left.... He hasn`t heard from or seen him since.

He did tell the guy he could have the bike to do with as he pleased so he just kept it in his garage for the last ten years until he sold it to me...

I asked for the owership because I was thinking I could put it back on the road with very little work and it would be a nice toy to rip around the city with...

The guy said he`d help me out in any way to get the ownership...

My question is what do I need to do to get this bike put in my name???

I figured I`d ask here because maybe someone went through this in getting a boat ownership???

thanks

Doug

Signed affidaved by both you and the guy that gave it to you.Stateing just what you posted.

Thanks for the quick response....

Who do I get an affidaved from??? I guessing Lawyer???

And then do I just take that to the MTO???

If that`s all it is I should riding in a week or two....

thanks again

Doug

Just write out what you stated here (Make him write it out,as he is the prime person here).Then have both yourself and the other guy sign ,date and all other info like contact numbers address.

Yes MTO.

You may need to get a signed paper from the police.

Hope that didnt scare ya.LOL

Edited by misfish

Just write out what you stated here (Make him write it out,as he is the prime person here).Then have both yourself and the other guy sign ,date and all other info like contact numbers address.

Yes MTO.

That is certainly the best news I`ve heard today... I was thinking it was going to be a nightmare to get this done

You may need to get a signed paper from the police.

Hope that didnt scare ya.LOL

Nope Police don`t scare me...LOL I`m a good boy

Thanks again misfish for your quick responce..... That`s why I love this place....

Doug

Hi Doug Going through the same process .Found a 1972 450 honda mc in a barn. Has not seen the road since 1982 .The beast was a rusty mess but within five min we got her going. The best part was trying to find the owner after all these years.There is no keys and he has lost the ownership. WE have a signed recept for nothing as he said we can have it for free.Please let us know how you make out in your endevor to get the ownership. thanks steve