Musky Baits

brookie87

What are the best?

i got a bull dawg, ripplin redfin, a few large rapalas (including a clacklin rap), a buzzer, size 28 panther martin, zara spook. i catch nothing. I am dying to try the double cowgirl. but the le barons in ottawa doesnt sell em.

i seem to catch em best on small crankbaits and topwater - big o's, torpedos, skitter prop, ripplin redfin

what am i doing wrong? i had a HUGE lunge on a redfin. all my fish are rarely over 6lbs, i usually fish smaller bodies of water maybe thats why the fish are smaller. i dunno

How do you catch the big ones? ppl go by moon phases?

i also heard i cant use 10" suckers anymore. that sucks cuz my cat stopped producing kittens a few years ago.

thanks

I know guys who fish the Ottawa area and they use the same things we use here on Lake St.Clair trolling crank baits my favorite has to be The Woodie we catch alot of fish on them down here and every where I fish them they work the color selection is amazing if you contact "outlaw" he is a member on the site here, he can set you up with colors that are amazing for your area. Now I also like jakes,doubleD's and Triple D's if you want double 13 and double 10 bucktails try giving this site a look they work great and will save you money I only have one of each size but will be getting some more as they both look great in the water and pull very nice.http://www.tackleindustries.com/

This here is a Woodie color is called the Ottawa sucker and sure looks great in the tea color water

IMG_2430.jpg

it called musky fishing man get used to it lol

its a sickness and there is no cure, just wait till you get a 20 lber

then wait till you get a 40 lber..

all lures are good man. Once you find where they live in the water, on days where they are agressive you can throw a Coke can with a hook and they will smash it. Sometimes you will throw the most expensive lure that you saw on musky hunter and not see a fish the whole season on it...

then wait till you get a 40 lber..

all lures are good man. Once you find where they live in the water, on days where they are agressive you can throw a Coke can with a hook and they will smash it. Sometimes you will throw the most expensive lure that you saw on musky hunter and not see a fish the whole season on it...

Coke can !!!! ... Why didnt I think of that ! ... like a FAT dare-devil on steriods ...