Chiblow Lake

xpedx789

Headed up to Chiblow Lake in a couple weeks, wondering if their are reports out there about the fishing...Whats working for bass...I'm coming a long ways to get there, and would like to bring the right things with me.

Also, when I was there in the fall last year the water level was so low that it restrited some of the spots you could go to. I'm sure they opened up the dam to let water out...Can anyone confirm that ?

Haven't fished that lake in a few years.

It got netted for lakers pretty bad so we stopped.

Bass are bass, bring what works.

Don't forget the whitefish and lakers as well though. Go jigging deeper water with red and gold cleos. Lay a dead smelt on the bottom. lots of things to try

laker population has improved over the years. There was a local derby held a couple of weeks ago and the winning fish was about 10lbs. Bring some dipsy divers or some lead core for this time of year. I've always done well downrigging with a whitefish williams spoon. Good luck!

I thought the big fish out of chiblow was 5lbs...overall tourney winner came from lauzon @ 11lbs.

Never go wrong trailing a smelt behind some sort of flasher. With the water temps getting up there, I suspect you're gonna have to get down deep with riggers or mark fish and jig them up.