Opener Report

As much as I'd love to lace into some Simcoe sows today, I'm not fishing the Casey Cup tomorrow, and it has been tradition that on opener, I take my younger cousin out fishing in a small fun tournament we do with our club.

Weather was sunny and windy. The bite was VERY VERY tough for us. We struggled big time to get bites, and those bites we managed we lost too many. We ended up in 5th place, but won BIG FISH with a 4.45 smallie. Weigh in was at 12:30 and we enjoyed a nice barbeque in the great weather

5085_116784063091_502843091_2936780_5590265_n.jpg

After some burgers, I re-tied some baits and headed to Couch to meet some clients. Got there at 3:30 to a chaotic scene of bass boats coming off the water, out by 4 and the fishing was still pretty slow.

The first 2 hours gave up just 1 largie, a nice 3.5 pounder.

By 6pm, the smallies turned on and they started laying a beating on them. Missed a few good fish but they ended the day with around 12 fish for the 4 hours. Took a few for the pan, the bigger largie in the pic was released after the pic, get her another day!

5085_116784068091_502843091_2936781_66247_n.jpg

Pathetic ;) Your bad days... are what I consider great! Great outing, and great pics! Even getting a few decent fish on a relatively new body of water is an accomplishment, nothing to be ashamed of at all :) I had to put the opener off, first day bass killing will be next week... stay tuned!

Edited by Bass Killer