Bronte June 23 Fishing with the Girls

moemoe

figured it was to nice out to sit at home, so I went for an evening troll at bronte form 4 till 8, with me wife and my cuz, ended 8/10, with the biggest at 27 lbs, biggest June fish ever for me......Fished from 120 to 170, close to the bottom, with flashers/meat and spinnies doing the damage, not a sniff for the spoons. The big girl was caught on wire out 220 with a gator spinnie,

First couple came on SWR rig with a dewbie combo

brontejune232.jpg

salmonJune231.jpg

I couldn't believe the scale

brontejune233.jpg

Me and the wife

brontejune235.jpg

Edited by moemoe

Guest gbfisher

Nice to see ya out kicking some salmon ass in that boat. It did Pete well out there. Looks like it's doing you the same.

Nice shootin.

I know what that cloths line is for at the back... :D Told Pete he should have put a Bar between the riggers for extra rod holders.

Guest gbfisher

He couldnt get back to you because he was out slaughtering Pickerel with me in the afternoon.

Nice firggin day all around for sure!! One of those....are you gonna get that one?.. days.. :thumbsup_anim:

Im sure he will be chompin at the bit soon enough and will call. He's an extremely busy boy these days. Things will calm down soon for the guy I hope.

nice fish moe! looks like you made a good call on going out last night!~

thanks for the advise on my wall, but i dont have riggers, i was using dippsy's. i just installed rod holders this past week, and am still trying different techniques out.

i only wish i could land something half the size you and the girls pulled in yesterday! will upgrade one day to some down riggers, as for now, im going to have to work with what i have. im not sure how much deaper dippsy's can dive, i had a #1 on and it could get me down to 70' . like i said tho, no luck, just a little rainbow.

if you have any other advise for me, im all eyes and ears!

thanks again, and happy fishing :Gonefishing:

If your just running dipseys, try getting a wire set up, I was hitting bottom in 90 fow the other day with a wire out 160, so 220 on wire would go 110 ish? Before I had downriggers, I only used dipseys and you can always run a dipsey straight back on a 0 setting for extra depth.