Planing A Trip To Scugog

Ok so here's the deal, I managed to seek out a few friends and we want to do a day type fishing trip. Now, these guys are not the greatest or even remotely good at fishing. Our destination will be Scugog and were shooting for some time during the following week to the bass opener so thats a bit of a advantage to be fishing the shores during the week vs the weekend.

Basic setups for these guys will be 6'6 spinning rods with light line. I'm not to familiar with the bass fishing at the causeway or the less weedy areas in Port Perry. I'm thinking minnows from the tackle shop with circle hooks and maybe a bobber or something for them while I use "bass baits" and catch less fish.

Will this be productive there and will these guys(kids) remain happy during the day? And one more question, how much is it per dozen for the minnows at the top of that street at the top of that road just past the causeway( Causeway bait and tackle i think)

Thanks for any info, help, suggestions and info you guys and gals can give me! :)

MTBF

btw there's 3 of them i got to take care of.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher