Pike fishing

Local Lakes 2nd trip this year, 2 buddies & I were out Wednesday from 1:30pm til 6:30pm it started slow for 2 of us, I headed to the shallows looking for Sunfish and found a few but they were very skittish & didn't get any the 1st hour, my buddy Randy got 5 pike and 1 walleye in the 1st hour, we switched for pike and I ended up catching and releasing 30 Pike between 19" & 25" & a few bass, Murray my partner caught about 10 pike & 1 Walleye 21" & a bass, Randy ended up catching another 5 or 6 pike & a few bass, his walleye was hooked deep and ended up going home with him bleeding badly. 8' to 10' of water, mostly on X-Raps on the Jerk,Jerk,Jerk, Pause EAT, water was about 59 to 62 degrees, heading out in the morning before I need to sleep for work tomorrow night. Richard

PS: best of luck to anyone fishing in the Belwood Lions Pike derby wish I could be there

WOW what a difference

Out to the same lake as Wednesday again today with Randy's boat, we got about 10 Pike 16" to 20"and a few Bass, 5 rock bass and saw lots of sunfish up shallow, 20 pike follows but they wouldn't commit, Wed Afternoon & evening 28 degrees, south wind and sunny, today Morning cloudy and 12 to 15 degrees north wind, working nights all weekend hopefully going Monday after morning sleep, using X-Rap jerk bait again

Richard