What amp breaker to use on 70 Lbs Minn Kota

Handlebarz

I have a question on this my motor calls for a 60 amp one but I can only find 50 amp manual reset around here they are less then $10 but the 60 amp Minn Kota is almost $50 USD what is the big difference?

I know 10 amps and I also know that this one will pop when it reach 50+ amps but what I have yet to find out is when would you hit 50+ amps is that only if the prop is stuck on a log rock or line caught on it? Or would you have to be maxed out at full throttle?

I plan on using this motor to keep my boat 17.5 Starcraft superfisherman going very slow .8 mph -2.5 mph so would 50 amp be enough?

What are others running out there?

the motor is Power Drive V2 70 Lbs auto pilot.

Thanks ro yi will run that one then.

I had thought about that Brian I also thought of just getting 2 30 amp breakers but dont want alot of crap in there i will run the 50 and be happy. Yeah right like I can ever be happy there said it before you.

Edited by MrEh

Use the 50amp breaker and add a 10amp fuse... simple math. ;)

That wont work. The 10 amp fuse will instantly pop. I'm sure you will be fine with the 50 Amp breaker. The breaker is meant to protect the motor if it goes into "locked rotor" like when you jam the propeller, that would create your maximum amp draw. For 10.00 id give it a go.